MyMenu1

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Friendly chat

"When a friend calls to me from the road
And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I don't stand still and look around
On all the hills I haven't hoed,
And shout from where I am, What is it?
No, not as there is a time to talk.
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall
For a friendly visit."

This is an excellent poem by Robert Frost. I have read many poems by Robert Frost and also few more poets, (thanks to my dad and granddad for having given many books). This poem especially comes to my mind very often. I feel its very apt for the present day lifestyle. We all have friends and ofcourse we love to spend time with friends. But in reality does it happen? If so how frequently and for how long? Do we immerse ourselves in the sweet memories of the past or do we just talk about the present - the chores, the lack of time, and so on.
I feel this poem becomes a reality, where people are ready to leave the work for few minutes and talk happily with friends and loved ones. And I wish and hope that this is possible in the present day lifestyle, or more aptly "workstyle" as I feel there is no life as such!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your valuable comments, Thanks!