MyMenu1

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Tissue roll flowers - wall decor

I cut out a small piece from a kitchen roll and flattened it. Then I cut it breadth wise to get oval shapes as shown in the picture below.
I arranged these into flowers and liked the pattern. I planned to make some flower wall hanging, so I painted these in purple, both inside and outside. I chose between painting all in one color or one color for each flower. I decided to have my flowers in the same color, purple.

The next step is to glue the dried petals together.


I tried the following arrangements and finally settled on one.



I stumbled upon the blog 'In my own words' where I found this beautiful wall hanging from toilet rolls. Without any pattern in mind I tried cutting a piece of kitchen roll. From there, this idea of flowers clicked. Thanks to Mari.

2 comments:

I appreciate your valuable comments, Thanks!