MyMenu1

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The awe of beginnning

Poetry has always captured my heart, has made me feel a bliss, has touched my soul, has resonated in my brain. The words stringed together, yet dance in all its individuality, awakening my senses, refreshing my blood like oxygen, poetry has always been something which enthralled me.

The poetic love in me has always been alive, making me appreciate nature and life. It has opened my eyes to completely different things, no matter small or big. Its a feeling of joy, feeling of sorrow! It makes me look at microbes and mountains, puddles and plains. A flower smiles at me, talks with me, so does a rock! Poetry makes me love, to enjoy various things, teaches me to see things which others don't.



Poetic love makes the world so beautiful and the beautiful world makes life poetic. Many poems  by great poets create a sense of happiness in me. And here I share one of those.

"Beginning my studies the first step pleas'd me so much,
The mere fact consciousness, these forms, the power of motion,
The least insect or animal, the senses, eyesight, love,
The first step I say awed me and pleas'd me so much,
I have hardly gone and hardly wish'd to go any farther,
But stop and loiter all the time to sing it in ecstatic songs."
-Walt Whitman

Here Mr.Whitman talks about the beginning of studies, the first step. First step in anything creates that awe feeling, which many of us could relate to. How much do we like to stay and ponder about that!
This is also a beginning for me, beginning of the happiness of sharing poems that awed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your valuable comments, Thanks!