MyMenu1

Monday, July 2, 2012

To the Summer Sun, From the Earth

Oh bright star closest to me
Why are you so angry on me?
You are being very harsh these days
My heart is wilting, I feel bruised and shattered;

I turn to my reserves but your displeasure reflects in them
For the lakes and rivers too are heating up in your blaze;
In your wrath you have taken away the chill from them
In your blaze do not take them away from me!

My life spins around you for ages and ages
In your wrath don't make me barren
For then, no life will look upon you,
Give you a green smile or sing at your arrival!

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful one Grace!!. Good that I managed to escape the heat :-) and if Sun God hears this poem, for sure he will yield :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Srini, yes you did escape the baking heat here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. creative and nice thought :)
    And for me, this actually is one of your best...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nachu! Thank you very much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Grace.. Very creative.. Keep writing.. sorry keep creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Shaby! :-) Sure, your's and all my friends' words encourage me to try more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Grace!! Great one.. You are so creative.. Please keep creating more and more like this..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Dhiyan! Thanks for the motivating words :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your valuable comments, Thanks!